Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hallock drafted by Astros



Perkins graduate Kyle Hallock is heading to the pros.


Hallock was chosen 310th in the 10th round by the Houston Astros on Tuesday.


Hallock garnered Louisville Slugger NCAA Division I Third Team All-America selection as members of the No. 24 ranked Kent State. Hallock was the 27th pick of the 49th round by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2010 MLB Draft, but chose to go back to college.


"After last year (drafted by the Phillies) I felt going back to college was a better fit," Hallock said. "I wanted to further my education and raise my stock for this year."


Hallock posted a MAC-best 10 wins, which tied him for 17th in the nation and second on the school’s single-season records list. Hallock struck out 83 while allowing just 21 earned runs over 99 innings and 15 starts and his ERA of 1.91 ranked 30th in the country.


"It feels great," Hallock said. "I look back at all the travel baseball I played growing up. This has been a vision, dream of mine since I was 8 years old and started playing competitive travel baseball."


He ranks second in school history with 232 career strikeouts, third with 289 2/3 innings pitched and tied for seventh with 22 career victories.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home