Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ogle makes it official, signs with Bowling Green





Story and photos courtesy of Kareem Elgazzar

Lorain High's Shanique Ogle signed her letter of intent to play both basketball and track at Bowling Green State University on Wednesday at Lorain High School. Ogle averaged 18.3 points and 12.6 rebounds per game as a junior last season.

"It’s overwhelming to finally know I made this decision," Ogle said. "I have so much on my back right now, and now, I can just play for me and get bettter for BG."

As a track athlete, Ogle qualified for the state tournament as a sophomore and a junior in the shot put competition. She earned sixth place in shot put at the state tournament this past spring.

"When I go, I expect to be a part of their winning tradition," Ogle said.

The Bowling Green Falcons have won the Mid-American Conference six consecutive times entering this season led by Curt Miller. They finished 27-7 last season with a conference record of 14-2 in 2009-’10 and have played in four NCAA Tournaments since 2004 including a Sweet 16 run in 2007.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home